AWS DevOps Engineer
About the Position
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a global organisation based in Ipswich.
This is a fully remote position where you will be working in the DevOps team to primarily ensure the stability and performance of their AWS SaaS cloud-hosted system.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operational management of the platform and expected to focus on this area primarily, leading to the DevOps role working with new emerging technologies and software.
This position would suit a candidate with proven experience of working in DevOps, project delivery and excellent operational systems management and practices.
- Systems management of fully cloud hosted platform for a large worldwide customer base.
- Using a range of management tools to ensure operational platform stability.
- Automation of alerting configuration processes.
- Building new infrastructure.
- Managing and improving the release processes.
- Designing new infrastructure and technology to be used by the businesses applications.
- Taking the lead on delivery projects and release cycle developments.
- Developing modern deployment processes and solutions.
Requirements & Experience
- 3+ years of working with Ideally AWS but any Azure/Google experience would also work.
- Knowledge and experience on infrastructure as code (preferably Terraform).
- Scripting experience ideally PowerShell.
- Enterprise scale reporting and monitoring systems (Dashboards, query/string writing).
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Ability to ensure processes and designs are documented to a high standard.
- Ability to carefully consider risks during development of new systems, and provide solutions to mitigate them.