Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
About the Position
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join a global company based in Ipswich. This is an exciting time for this organisation as they look to expand due to influx of new business.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, monitoring and maintenance as well as overall improvement of the IT Infrastructure – Such as Physical and virtual server estate (Windows and Linux), local and wide area Network, Telephony, and any other request with association to infrastructure.
You will also provide support on key projects ensuring activities and tasks are delivered on time.
- Working closely with other IT Operations and IT Delivery teams to ensure there is a coordinated approach to infrastructure delivery and operations alongside day-to-day incident management.
- Proactively recommending and suggesting service improvements in the areas of reliability, performance, availability, security, supportability, or cost.
- Provide project and hands on support to key technical migration project within the business
- Contribute to the development and execution of procedures and policies for infrastructure administration.
- Assist with general maintenance and patching activities for the infrastructure team.
- Monitor network performance/utilisation statistics and recommend/implement changes to ensure optimum network performance.
Requirements & Experience
- Strong Experience working in Microsoft Azure (Migrating from On-premises to Azure Environments).
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Server from 2008-r2 to 2019.
- Strong virtualization experience using Hyper-V, managing multiple clustered virtual environments and the related tools.
- Experience within Backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Experience working with storage area networks (HP-SAN).
- Experience in Microsoft System Centre 2012R2/2016 (SCCM).
- Experience using PowerShell.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2016/Office 365, and Microsoft Windows Based Server environments.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (Ideally using Terraform) would be a bonus but not essential.