Information Security Analyst
About the Position
An exciting national organisation based in Stowmarket is looking for an IT Security Analyst to join their growing internal IT operations team.
The successful candidate will report to the Information Security Manager and will work with the business and the wider information security team to ensure the appropriate controls, policies and procedures are in place to protect the information of the organisation in-line with internal information security principles.
In this role you will be responsible for managing vulnerabilities, assisting with the design, and embedding an approach to vulnerability management and supporting all remediation activities.
- Working closely with the security operations centre (SOC) you will triage alerts and identify threats, passing on recommendations to various technical teams.
- Work with security tools to identify vulnerabilities and ensure that vulnerabilities are actioned by IT teams.
- Working with IT Teams to bring existing security technologies to life such as secure coding tools.
- You will also develop and maintain technical standards and ensure these standards are embedded within IT.
- You will have exposure to the Senior Management Team regularly to report project progress and security statistics.
- Research and propose new or replacement security systems, practices, and processes.
- Work with the existing Information Security Team to manage and improve the Disaster Recovery programme.
Requirements & Experience
- Experience of working in an IT environment.
- Knowledge of IT Security.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use IT systems such as VDR, SIEM, Change Control systems.
- Knowledge of computer networks, Active Directory, Backup Technologies.