IT Infrastructure Engineer
About the Position
IT Infrastructure Engineer required for a hugely successful and growing business in Colchester working within the 3rd line IT Team, supporting end users at all levels in their use of Windows based applications and services. You will be an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer used to handling incidents and issues in a prompt and professional manner whilst also playing a key role in cause analysis and the formulation of improvement plans.
Requirements & Experience
You will take responsibility for developing, configuring, supporting and optimizing network hardware and servers.
Your technical background and knowledge should align as closely as possible with the following:
- Extensive experience of supporting and configuring Windows Desktop and Server
- Strong knowledge of networking: 7 OSI layers, TCP/IP
- Comfortable working with hardware: PCs, Servers, Routers, Switches etc
- Experience in Mac OS and Linux is desirable.
- AWS and/or Azure knowledge is very beneficial.