About the Position
Bristow Holland are currently searching for an IT Manager to join a global business based in Bury St Edmunds.
As the IT Manager you will oversee a team of IT Support Engineers covering 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for all sections of the organisation. This is a hands on position so you will also be required to picked up 3rd line IT issues while also managing the team and ensuring high levels of internal customer service are maintained & improved on.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career who has a proven track record in delivering IT support to a significant sized organisation.
Requirements & Experience
- Assist the IT Director in producing and managing the IT budget.
- Contribute to the planning of future upgrades & improvements to IT and the infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise/input in relation to infrastructure decisions relating to various IT projects.
- Monitor and encourage improvements towards standards of work via guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Participate in internal / external meetings.
Hardware & Software Support:
- Take responsibility for managing the servers, including virtual and physical Infrastructure administration (Active Directory/Azure AD), configuration, patching, upgrading and fault finding.
- Provide an escalation point for support issues.
- Assume budget responsibility for IT infrastructure hardware (peripherals, P.C’s, Laptops etc).
- Manage the network – administering, configuring & troubleshooting.
- Manage the company servers – Active Directory, Group Policy management, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, WDS/MDT
- Carry out Microsoft Office 365 administration.
- Backup administration, configuration & troubleshooting.
- Phones VOIP – Administering, configuring & troubleshooting.
- Purchasing IT Software (licences etc).
- Provide an escalation point for Support Engineers