About the Position
This is an fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Manager to join a global organisation based in Ipswich.
You will be responsible for providing management, oversight, planning, enhancement, design and documentation of the IT infrastructure to meet business strategy and needs, across multiple locations.
As the IT Manager you will oversee a team of IT Support Engineers covering 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for all sections of the organisation. This is a hands on position so you will also be required to picked up 3rd line IT issues while also managing the team and ensuring high levels of internal customer service are maintained & improved on.
- Manage the IT Infrastructure in line with appropriate policies and procedures to maximise the performance of the area. Ensure that team members are motivated, trained and developed to meet the quality, delivery and service requirements of the function.
- Identify potential strategic application of IT systems and recommend innovative methods of exploiting new and existing IT assets to meet the requirements of the business and drive digital transformation.
- Assist in the lead of technical response to crisis and disaster situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Lead systems and architectural analysis to support the Group Head of IT in planning systems capacity, changes and ongoing effective running of IT solutions.
- Ownership of the technical roadmap and represent the IT department in cross-department architecture forums.
- Ensure that IT infrastructure can be monitored and managed effectively and that systems being implemented are effectively documented and handed over to IT Operations for on-going management.
Requirements & Experience
- Azure/Cloud and Office 365 exposure.
- Strong knowledge of networking (WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, Firewalls,BGP).
- Confident with Windows Server
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Microsoft Exchange administration experience.
- Experience with Citrix and thin client technology.
- Exposure to implementing industry standard security for servers and networks.
- Proven team management skills.