IT Solution Architect
About the Position
Bristow Holland have an excellent newly created opportunity for a Solution Architect to join a growing nationwide organisation based in Stowmarket.
You will work with the IT Director and wider business leaders to develop an infrastructure strategy for delivery of tiered IT infrastructure services to ensure IT systems are secure, reliable, and performant.
The strategy will include use of in house, cloud, and third-party services. To lead peers and the wider IT team by providing technical design services for future technology implementation.
- Work with the IT Director, Senior Management Team, and wider business leaders to develop an infrastructure strategy for delivery of IT Infrastructure Services to support a large enterprise level environment utilised by internal IT stakeholders, business users, partner companies, and external customers.
- Design & evolve infrastructure strategy as business requirements establish, new business opportunities arise and technology advances.
- Produce and maintain a 5-year technology roadmap for the organisation.
- Work with Infrastructure Manager, Head of Information Security, and IT leaders, to ensure infrastructure strategy is designed & implemented – on time, on budget, meets technical and security specifications, and infrastructure services are transitioned to support teams.
- Programme manage overall infrastructure improvements providing regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Act as a technical escalation point for the Major incident process.
Requirements & Experience
- Working with business stakeholders to establish business requirements, presenting to stakeholders, and influencing decision makers.
- Effective leadership of team members, and staff outside direct reporting lines.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements, utilizing formal project management processes.
- Working with vendors to select appropriate technology to implement. Ability to manage and extract value from strategic partners
- Effective visualisation and articulation of problems and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audience.
- Breaking down a complex problem and working to accepted resolution.
- Excellent ability to deliver to expectation on time.
- Effective skills in leading teams and individuals.