Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
About the Position
A Global Organisation based in Canary Wharf, London is looking for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing internal IT operations team taking a lead on a variety of projects and supporting the business with any 3rd line related issues.
As a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer you will deliver IT Infrastructure, Network and Server projects and manage the day to day operations of the IT infrastructure. You’ll be working in a large team implementing and managing the infrastructure to ensure the core IT across all sites of the organisation is stable and is developed according to the needs of the business.
- Design, build and maintain the infrastructure service that supports business systems or end users directly.
- Act as third line support for infrastructure, device management or end user productivity services across any of the businesses sites.
- Successfully deliver Infrastructure projects.
- Take a lead role in coordinating the diagnosis and resolution of major issues.
- Contribute to the security posture of other solutions across the organisation.
- Work with other IT Team members to ensure that new and existing security controls integrate seamlessly with the IT systems in the business.
- Report technical solutions or issues to IT management in a clear and concise manner.
- Create and maintain operational procedures, configuration, and technical documentation to a high standard.
- Resolve complex technical faults maximising the use of any resource available.
- To manage infrastructure in accordance with industry best practice.
Requirements & Experience
- Strong Windows Server and/or Linux experience
- Strong hybrid (cloud/on premise)
- Strong VMware experience
- Experience with End User Device management and patch services: Microsoft EndPoint Manager, Intune, Connected Cache, SCCM & Hybrid device management
- Active Directory
- Office 365 Management
- Microsoft Azure
- Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, Python or Terraform