About the Position
As the SQL DBA, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance and upkeep of all database servers whilst ensuring high performance and availability of the databases that support the business systems in a true 24/7 environment. This includes both proactive and reactive maintenance, incident & problem management, database environment creation, database housekeeping and performance tuning as well as ensuring all the businesses databases are available without any failures and downtime for agreed availability SLAs.
Requirements & Experience
Experience wise, we’re looking for someone who can:
- Run pre-defined scripts and generate reports / data for business operations
- Monitor integration services connected to SQL databases and identify issues, failures and fix it
- Automate manual DBA processes and tasks and configure SQL alerts for proactive monitoring
- Support Migration of legacy apps or end of life databases to newer versions.
- Modify programmes / SQL scripts to enhance processing performance
Technology wise, you will need to have experience with SQL 2008, 2012 & 2016 and ETL tools such as SSIS, having used these in a commercial environment. Any Microsoft Certifications such as MCTS, MCITP or SQL Server 2012 Implementation and Maintenance or equivalents will be an advantage.