Technical Project Manager – 12 month FTC
About the Position
The company deliver an array of customised, end-to-end solutions that combine their industry knowledge with technology, analytics and process expertise to co-create innovative, digitally enabled transformational solutions with over 400 clients across various industries.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Project Delivery Manager to join a global Transformation Programme, specifically within the Insurance services sector. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of the full software development life cycle, with practical knowledge and application of different methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall in particular.
You will be reporting to the UK Delivery Manager and will be working as a core member of a matrix management team, with both onshore and offshore members in the delivery team.
Requirements & Experience
Key duties will include:
- Managing the successful delivery of key (multiple) projects within the programme including project components such as User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and client or cross-team deliverables relating to all projects and technical interventions
- Ensuring the timely flow of requirements, decisions problem solving and removing any blockers for the development teams to maintain delivery schedule compliance and to maximise development velocity and quality;
- Identification, management and closure of risks, issues and assumptions, client and cross-team dependencies;
- Client relationship building and cross-team working skills to ensure deliverables are completed to schedule; escalation with the team and client, communicating and resolving issues;
- All the expected Project Management disciplines that come with years of experience in delivery including progress tracking, controls, and reporting; planning; scope management.
It’s essential to have excellent communication and client relationship management skills due to the nature of the projects and delivery team being both on and offshore. You will have proven, commercial knowledge and experience in delivering high profile software projects and have the ability to work under pressure – this is a complex programme of change, at pace, with multiple stakeholders, dependencies, and deliverables.