Technical Support Analyst – Software Development, Web based applications
About the Position
A local Ipswich based business who operate on a global scale to provide a range of software solutions for their clients and customers within the medical sector.
You’ll be joining a small tech team working alongside developers, testers, product managers and other technical support staff.
Ultimately, you’re responsible for assisting customers with any problems or issues they have with the products and services, whilst providing solutions, guidance and options for them along the way. You’ll also be responsible for the ongoing development of the products from an internal perspective, based on customer feedback.
Requirements & Experience
Other responsibilities will include:
- Resolving customer queries and recommending solutions and guiding product users through features and functionality
- Getting involved with the deployment and implementation of these solutions at customers sites
Technical Skills and experience needed:
- Broad knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong knowledge with SQL Server, Microsoft Windows server and other desktop and operating systems
- Experience of web and Java based applications
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
This position would suit someone from an application support background with a good understanding of various technical issues with applications and IT. Some project management experience would be good, as would an analytical approach to capture requirements.