Head of Infrastructure / DevOps
Bristow Holland are seeking a highly capable Head of Infrastructure and DevOps to join a global technology business based in Bury St Edmunds. This is a pivotal position where you will oversee and drive the Infrastructure, DevOps, and network operations, ensuring seamless technology integration and optimal performance.
Your focus will be on various areas, such as Cloud Operations, DevOps, and IT infrastructures/operations, with a primary objective of planning and transitioning to a Cloud environment whilst maintaining a secure and scalable infrastructure for the organisation.
You will need to be a highly skilled individual with a track record of successfully leading infrastructure projects and a drive for innovation. You will also need a good level of technical competence and the hands on experience to address all areas of cloud engineering, problem resolution, cloud solution architecture and system implementation.
- Leads in management, design, building and deployment of Cloud server infrastructure (Azure)
- Deployment and configuration of DevOps pipelines, code repositories, automated testing
- Oversee and manage the design, deployment, and maintenance of the company’s IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, storage, and applications.
- Work closely with other teams and departments to ensure that infrastructure aligns with business needs and goals.
- Lead the development and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Including compliance with accreditation schemes and policies such as Cyber Essentials, ISO27001, Business Continuity Planning, etc
- Identify and troubleshoot infrastructure issues.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts to ensure the highest quality of service and value for the company.
- Develop and maintain documentation of infrastructure configurations, processes, and procedures to support efficient and effective management and maintenance of systems.
- Mentor and train other members of the team to develop their skills and expertise.
- Support the engineering leadership to manage and engage our remote engineering hub.
Requirements and skills:
- Experience with Azure or AWS
- Experience with Networking, IAM, AAD, RBAC, Storage.
- Thorough understanding of IT infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of IaC (ARM/Terraform/CloudFormation).
- Robust analytical abilities.
- Familiarity with enterprise monitoring and reporting tools.
- Expertise in IT infrastructure transformation for multi tenancy and LAMP stacks (MariaDB) based systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various infrastructure platforms.
- Working knowledge of API gateways.
- Annual Bonus
- Enhanced Holiday
- Work From Home
Apply for Head of Infrastructure / DevOps now
"*" indicates required fields